Bake your way to a deliciously moist carrot cake
with this simple recipe.
Created with country folk in mind, this juicy cake is full of no fuss, easy to find everyday staples in the pantry.
SERVES: 10 - 12
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOKING TIME: 35 MINS
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
Cream Cheese Ingredients:
- 250g cream cheese
- 50g butter
- icing sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees & line your cake tin with baking paper
- In a bowl, stir together oil, sugars & vanilla
- Fold in the flour & cinnamon (you can sift if you like, I'm too lazy)
- Lightly whisk eggs and mix in
- Add grated carrot, chopped nuts & raisins
- Pour into your cake tin & bake until golden brown & springs back in the middle (approx 35mins)
Cream Cheese Icing
- Beat together cream cheese, butter & icing sugar until it reaches the consistency you like. i also like to add a few dashes of cream.
- Ice the cake once cooled and top with crushed walnuts
Add a tin of crushed pineapple for our take on a hummingbird cake.
Bake in 2 tins and layer with icing for a fancy treat